Air Duct / Dryer Vent Cleaning
Air Duct Cleaning
Why Get your Air Ducts Cleaned?
The United States EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) ranks indoor air pollution as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. They also took a poll and found out 87% of American home owners are not aware of indoor air pollution.
Most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors and children breathe 50% more air per pound than adults. Indoor air quality is a major factor in your family’s health and safety. Modern homes are more air tight than ever with little outside ventilation. This leaves dust mites, pollen, mold, and pet dander in your air ducts. According to the EPA, indoor air quality is 2-5 times worse than outdoor.
Air duct cleaning is a simple process and will not make a mess in your home. Our trained professional staff will do a full inspection of your air ducts. Our Technician will then explain the cleaning process and give the customer a total price of the job before continuing. ( NO SWITCH & BAIT PRICING ) You will receive an itemized proposal with all costs.
* First our technicians will put drop cloths in work areas to protect your floors
* All vent covers will be removed and cleaned; then later placed back, after cleaning
* All air vents will be cleaned with our commercial Rotobrush System
* The blower system will be vacuumed and washed down by hand
* A new air filter is recommended to be changed at this time
* Carpet Express Cleaning can supply a filter through our Indoor Wellness Program
* We will deodorize your air ducts with EnviroCON
EnviroCON is a mild, safe deodorizer used primarily to remove odors associated with mold, mildew or bacteria. This product is unscented and is NOT a perfume, cover-up or masking agent. Rather, it works by oxidizing the cause of odor or contamination—not by adding its own scent to your ventilation system.
Working as a bacteriostatic and fungistatic, EnviroCON effectively inhibits the reproduction of odor-causing microorganisms such as mold and mildew with an active ingredient of Chlorine Dioxide (0.1%). When the product dries completely (usually in 1-2 hours), there is almost no residue. What little is left is inert and has no further chemical action.
Therefore, the product is also completely safe for building occupants, including children and pets, with no evacuation necessary during or after application. However, even with a product as mild as EnviroCON, individual sensitivity should be taken into account. If you or other building occupants have a chemical sensitivity of any kind, it is wisest NOT to have Carpet Express Cleaning apply this treatment to your air ducts.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
With over 15,000 dryer-related fires each year, home and business owners should be taking note: when lint clogs a dryer duct, your building is at risk for fire. Cleaning helps to prevent costly fires, reduce dryer downtime—and keep your building’s dryer system functioning properly.
* Carpet Express Cleaning will clean your dryer vent completely with our Rotobrush System
* We will then pull out the dryer (when applicable), sweep under and behind it. This is a full service dryer vent cleaning.
* If we see any damaged or crushed dryer duct during our initial service assessment, we will bring this to the customer’s attention and recommend a solution.
Seeing is Believing
To see how much lint and danger a dryer vent can hold, watch this following link to a presentation that was aired on ABC News Channel 4.